Tuesday 21 April 2009

Create new students with English


Seeking english well
written by kreasiinggris.blogspot.com
Students' confident



New students are new comer in a new school or course place. Shy and silent cover their behavior, naturally style is seen . They usually keep quiet thousands words. Week together with them passed, registration schedule was finished, new students would be ready to join the next information. I tried to approach some new students at the library corner and asked them some questions. My question start to one of new students here. How does she feel when she was accepted at this school. And what will she do while she starts studying at their new school.

July 17th, 2008 comes, it is new educational year and the first time of new students to enter their new school. I saw unique thing to my new students, they looked like “ Bees”. You know why? Because they still in one group, that’s group from their same school, they wear their own clothes freely, no uniforms yet. I smile in heart, suddenly, I remembered of myself. May be It was like me before.

Time showed at seven, the school bell was ringing, one of the teachers in the teachers’ room takes a microphone and announced them to enter their classroom. I looked my teaching school, in fact I taught at 1st grade A. I knew what I usually did before beginning my lesson. Firstly, I greet them with English “Hello” then I tried with the second greet “good morning” and the last I greet them with “How are you“. From the three greeting addressed to them. No one tried to respect. I do not give them a comment, but I tried to learn “why”. Next, I took students presentation list, I called one by one students, in the situation, I am bit happier than before because I start listening students voice, although they used their mother tongue. I don’t care what language is OK.

Tomorrow morning, I bring a visual media concern with the relationship of my lesson taught at the day. I quoted and learnt some problems faced before. Today is my winner day, “ I thought”. I tried to use the best strategy to attract their attention to my subject. First, I greet them with the same way that did before. What did I get? Also the same problems happened. But, I never gave up something happened to me. Next, I tried to apply my best strategy. It was showing some pictures which relationship to the subject taught. My strategy was best accepted. Some students gave me a response of the topic discussion. How happy I was. I look smile and a bit chat of my students. The students’ awareness is begun.

Conclusion

From the illustration above, what should teacher attention to? Well, Writer will briefly and wisely to state that teaching learning process can run better if the teacher is able to associate the subject with the character that students have. What is meant? It means that please firstly check out the students background; Are they having the knowledge of your subject? Do they come from the city students? Learning from the problems and sooner find the solutions may be more helpful to the teacher carrying out the material successfully. Do you believe that my beloved readers?

Don’t forget as sooner as better, teacher can use visual media for supporting and attracting new students. Because it make them to learn the new subject like English attractively. For the truth of my experience, I would like my beloved readers (especially, English teachers) to prove it in reality where they are assigned.

No comments: